Everybody with the slightest itch of wanderlust who has been on social media for the last couple of years has had this one cherished dream of travelling to Maldives. The picturesque beauty has left not just Indians, but travellers the world over luring over the stunning Maldivian islands. Those residing in the south of India have the added advantage of proximity to the raw and unspoilt bewitching beauty that Maldives beholds. And now the good news is that this paradisiacal wanderlust-inspiring island has been made more accessible with the newest resort that is all of 15-minutes speed boat ride from the Velana International airport. You land in Male and you’re whisked away in no time to the land of your dreams. I’m not just saying. Literally, every single person I met at Oblu Xperience Ailafushi confessed to it. Everyone agreed in unison that visiting Maldives atleast once was their long cherished desire and this visit to their dream destination was fulfilled by the pocket-friendly pricing with so many frills on offer that this new resort OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi offers. No wonder then that within a few weeks of its opening doors to the world, this secluded island in North Malé Atoll has been occupied with eager travel enthusiasts who have had Maldives on their mind for a while now.
COLOURS OF OBLU, a brand by Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts, ushers in a playful new energy to the Maldives with OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi. Free-spirited relaxation is the vibe here, with an invigorating environment where I could easily connect with nature, the local people, fellow travelers and also found the freedom to reconnect with my true inner self. The best part is that you get to experience the same kind of luxuries as you would in other resorts and yet pay almost half the price. Oblu Xperience Ailafushi is flanked by envy-inducing tropical Instagram-worthy spots all around that will get you dreaming. Verdant palm-lined beaches and sapphire lagoons create a vibrant backdrop, where you’re the star of every magical Maldivian moment. It is a perfect island getaway that will satiate every dream you have had so far for that surreal holiday, you have been lusting for.
From the moment I stepped foot on the soft, white sands at OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi, I knew that the next few days would be elevated to a luxe tropical island living through warm smiles, playful design, and invigorating experiences. Ailafushi island means family island in the local dialect of Dhivehi. I had signed up for the generous Fushi Plan that included dining, unlimited drinks at the bar, activities, a multi-level kids club with a pool and food corner, overwater gym, and live entertainment all blended within the stay for a hassle-free holiday. Sumptuous all-day dining options at the Element X Restaurant serves modern Western, Central Asian, and Far Eastern cuisines. The restaurant also has free-flowing red, white and rose wine on tap. X360 Bar features an infinity pool – one of the largest in the Maldives. I enjoyed unlimited orders of refreshing spirits, wines, and beer from the grab and go bar counter. The popcorn corner next to the bar seemed to be a huge hit too. Evenings came alive with peppy music, a live DJ and also a live music band adding to the party vibes at the bar’s dance floor. The Copper Pot Food Truck parked on the beach is perfect for an open-air dinner of choicest fresh seafood and meat grills that can be relished on the soft sandy beach beneath the starry sky.
Walk up to La Promenade located beside a channel that meanders across Ailafushi island. This picturesque walkway has cosy seating corners along with a wine boutique, souvenir shop, and café. There is so much to do here — lounge at the scenic overwater deck, sip a cup of coffee, and socialise with like-minded travellers. Experiential highlights also include The Dome, a futuristic 15-meter theatre and entertainment centre. You can also soak in the sundowner vibes at the vibrant Sunset Bar all day long. Do check the resort calendar to participate
in all the fitness activities
This laidback 4-Star Island Resort showcases 268 room options in four categories. A striking fleet of Water villas shaped like dhonis (traditional Maldivian boats) are lined up along the jetty – a truly delightful spot for snapping some selfies. Views of bright blue ocean and sugar white beaches are just some of the visual delights to immerse in a mystical Indian Ocean setting. Ocean View rooms are snug homey havens with a window seat and veranda offering a comfy seating space, where you can enjoy the outdoors. The Beach villas where I stayed in opened up to a welcoming lagoon right in front with inviting interiors of warm, wooden floors. There’s everything you need to relax in style. If you have a large family, then you must book the Ocean View Family room with two bedroom and two-bathrooms. A chic master bedroom is linked to a kid’s room.
Ten reasons why you’ll love this fabulous new resort with hours of happy sunshine times for everyone.
1. Totally new and playful way to Xperience Maldives. From the heartful, all-inclusive Fushi PlanTM to a carefree, relaxed tropical experience – immerse in a youthful Maldives holiday.
2. Live it up in bright, cheerful villas – all with direct beach or lagoon access. By the beach or over the crystal waters – your choice! Enjoy beach side or over water accommodations.
3. Laze around the largest swimming pool on the island or drift away in the ocean blues. Right next to the beach, is X360 Bar with one of the largest infinity pools in the Maldives. With shaded sun loungers, gently swaying palm trees, and infinite blues on the horizon, this is the perfect spot to laze by the water. Don’t miss the crisp Maldivian snacks (called Hedikha) – served in the evenings.
4. Gather for dining experiences that are diverse, delicious and delightful. Every meal at Element X all-day restaurant is delicious and slightly different – with a vast choice of modern Western, Central Asian, and Far Eastern cuisines. The beverage counter features self-pour wine dispensers along with wine service at the table.
5. Feel the romantic vibes over a star-lit, beach dinner at Copper Pot Food Truck. Feast upon choicest fresh seafood and meat grills relished on a soft sandy beach beneath the starry sky. At the Copper Pot Food Truck, you can order off an ala-carte board menu featuring a variety of seafood, meat, and vegetarian grills.
6. Sip, shop, and socialise at La Promenade. Walk up to the scenic La Promenade and explore a chic retail and café scene – featuring a wine boutique, souvenir shop, and patisserie.
7. Be the dance floor diva with live DJ performances every night. At night, the resort’s X360 Bar is enlivened with a buzzing party vibe with live music and dance floor and dazzling colours in the sky. This multi-level bar – one of the largest in the Maldives – features a spacious dance floor in the lower deck area.
8. Explore an aquatic wonderland–canoeing in the dazzling lagoon or snorkelling in the coral reef. Ailafushi island is the ultimate tropical paradise for ocean exploration. With the Fushi PlanTM, you will have complimentary use of snorkelling gear and non-motorised watersports equipment (stand-up paddleboard and canoe) throughout your stay. Water lovers can also book ocean excursions and diving experiences at the resort’s PADI and SSI Certified Dive School and Watersports Centre.
9. Over-the-top fun and parties galore for little ones at the multi-level kids club with snack bar. Let your kids Xperience the natural world of Ailafushi island and unique Maldivian culture through fun, enriching guided activities – organised every day at the resort’s sprawling Kids Club. One of the largest in the Maldives, this Kids Club comes with a pool, a top-level for older kids with PlayStation and Xbox, and a lower deck for younger kids.
10. Leave your worries behind At ELE | NA The Spa – featuring a unique garden community spa and ocean view sauna facilities. Fancy a deep-healing Maldivian spa therapy? Try the Kaashi Naashi (coconut shell) or Bileh Holistic (betel leaf) massages. This sprawling spa complex features four couples and four single treatment rooms, two medical spa rooms, an express beauty salon, and an ocean view thermal and relaxation area. The highlight is a one-of-a-kind Garden Community Spa where you can join holistic workshops and fun spa experiences.