Why is Muesli a power-packed breakfast option? Let’s find out, says Prabhu Gandhikumar Co- founder TABP Snacks and Beverages.
Muesli is a ready-to-eat cereal and a popular breakfast option consisting of rolled oats, fresh and dried fruits, seeds & nuts. The first meal of the day is the most important one, it literally breaks your night-long fast and sets the tone for the rest of the day. So, however, your days may be paced, breakfast just can’t be missed.
The beauty of having muesli to kickstart your day is that you receive the goodness of high fiber in the form of oats and protein in the form of nuts from a single bowl. Given our hectic pace of life, we do not find the time to make something healthy in the kitchen. Muesli is a quick & easy-to-make snack with the right blend of nutrition and taste packed with healthy ingredients
Muesli is high-protein cereal made with rolled oats, corn, wheat flakes, grains, seeds, dried fruits, and a variety of other morning components. Muesli is best eaten in the morning, with yoghurt and maple syrup or a dash of milk and fresh berries, as it is high in vitamin E, Thiamin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, as well as iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
It is exceptionally rich in soluble fibers and whole grains, and is good for your digestive system and also aids in weight management. The fiber content not only keeps a check on your bloating tummy, but also keeps you fuller for longer, helping you avoid indulging in unhealthy snack options.
A good way to get on the path to good health is to replace your unhealthy eating habits with healthier options. Consuming millets as part of your daily diet is not a new concept. They contain high nutritional value and are rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fibers.
A bowl of muesli with millets is not only healthy, but can also be customised according to one’s tastes. There are no set rules to eat muesli and you can always experiment with the ingredients you would like to pair it with.
Muesli is popular as a healthy food that you can eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner or evening snack. But combining millets with muesli also add extra nutrients to your health. Here are a few reasons you should go ahead and favor this snack as a healthy alternative:
1. Muesli is definitely healthier than other cereals and often has less sugar & calories in comparison to sandwiches or doughnut.
2. Muesli is typically high in fiber and grains, both of these helps regulate the digestive tract.
3. Not only muesli keeps a check on calories, they also keep you full for a longer time.
4. Muesli contains oats as a key ingredient that aids in improving heart health.
5. Non-glutinous acid free millets are a good source of nutrients such as copper, magnesium, phosphorus, and manganese. Which are excellent for maintaining a healthy life.
6. Millets also provide a balanced diet full of nutritional properties will also help eradicate the risk of heart problems and other such life endangering diseases.
7. A bowl full of muesli with millets is a great way to incorporate protein, omega acids, vitamins and potassium in your diet.
TABP Snacks & Beverages manufactures three variants of Muesli…
1. Crunchy Millet Muesli with Nuts, Sunflower seeds, Flax seeds & Choco chips : Muesli contains Rolled oats, Millet Flakes (Jowar, Kodo, Banyard , Little, Foxtail, Finger), nuts like walnuts, cashew nuts, almonds, pistachios, sunflower seeds & flax seeds all of which are a good source of omega-3-fatty acids. Omega-3-fatty acids keep your eyes healthy, give you a glowing skin, protect you from heart diseases and also give you strong and lustrous hair.
2. Crunchy Millet Muesli with Berries & chia seeds : Add some healthy sweetness to this morning meal by incorporating strawberries ,blueberries, cranberries, blackcurrants ,chia seeds with rolled oats and Millet Flakes (Jowar, Kodo, Banyard , Little, Foxtail, Finger) which energise your body with full nutrition and Berries can be enjoyed on most diets, as they’re low in calories and. May help keep your arteries healthy In addition to lowering cholesterol, berries provide other benefits for heart health, including improving the function of your arteries.
3. Crunchy Millet Muesli with Fruits and Quinoa seeds: superfood that has made its way into our breakfast regime which consists of apple, pineapple, apricot, mango, Quinoa seeds with rolled oats and Millet Flakes (Jowar, Kodo, Banyard , Little, Foxtail, Finger) these are fiber- and protein-rich breakfast and also high on antioxidants which go a long way to protect the body against free radical damage. And by doing so, they also prevent premature ageing and keep you healthier and happier.
Muesli has now become a popular breakfast option all over the world. Not only is it sumptuous and tasty, it is also quite convenient to have on busy mornings.
Just grab a bowl, fill it with muesli, add some fruits, nuts, berries, top-up with milk or yoghurt lace it with honey and satiate your tummy with nutrition.